Furcadia Meetups?!

Coordinate online projects, activities and digital meetups, and share socials.
cinni
Reactions:
Pronouns: she/her

Furcadia Meetups?!

Post by cinni »

Hi all, I'm here to to talk about one of the oldest running MMOs, Furcadia :3 It is a graphical MUD game, perfect for roleplaying or a visual chatroom. It thrives on community created worlds called dreams, and pretty much every part of your dream is customizable and can be scripted! After a few years' hiatus I'm back playing the game regularly and would love to have a meetup :3 I think this would interest you if you like second life or worlds! Here is an excellent source of videos touring various archived dreams.

Here is my current dream! If you're on Furcadia you can usually find me stationed here. I go by cinni on there too (feel free to message me), and you can directly visit my dream by copy+pasting this link in your browser or in-game: furc://cinni. I had the idea of creating a dream (wip) for the community to chill out in, and if there's enough interest maybe even host events too! I'm happy to give anyone a tour/run down of furc :D
Image [[shop]]
inbtwn
Netizen
Reactions:
Pronouns: he/they

Re: Furcadia Meetups?!

Post by inbtwn »

man, i really gotta get back on the furcadia train. i stopped playing when i reinstalled linux recently because it's kind of annoying to play on linux, but then i realized there's a furcadia web client so i'm totally willing to hang out with yall again. :D

(i should also make a thread about other online virtual worlds like second life or activeworlds, but that's neither here nor there... :roll: )
artemis
Websurfer
Reactions:

Post by artemis »

ohmygosh that's so pretty!~

i've never played it but it looks like something i would be into, i will definitely have a look more into it!
Ray
Webwalker
Reactions:
Pronouns: They/She

Post by Ray »

Oh my gosh, yes!
I don't have the time to be on regularly but I try to make time for events where there's a lot of people, and log in when I have extra time on my hands!! :love:
I think a meetup would be super fun! Especially if there will be some new players too :D I am in Europe so depending on the time I might not be able to make it, but I'm able to attend the official furc events when they run from about 5pm EST to 8pm EST. Otherwise I'll catch up at a later time!

For those who might be interested, I have a verbose (you know me) but comprehensive tutorial on how to get started on Furc on my site, if you feel completely lost :P

My main alt is Felce, an I'm usually hanging in Challenges, Theriopolis, Naia, or with some buddies in their dream of choice. If I'm logged in, I'm always up for a chat and I looove exploring people's dreams with someone else! See you there :love:

p.s. cinni, the yesterweb gardens dream preview is so cute!! I need to visit your dream next time I'm on :D
Image ImageIf we're not supposed to dance, Why all this music?

Keep in touch: The Web Raft, everyone welcome!
Say hi! ray@emailsnail.net
@plantcreature Telegram
Happy to make friends! <3
Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Post by Cobra! »

I've never used Furcadia before, but I'd be totally down to make an account for a meetup!
realachao
Reactions:
Pronouns: she/they

Post by realachao »

I'd definitely be interested in this! I've never used Furcadia but I've heard about it a lot, and it really seems right up my alley. I also think a Yesterweb community dream and events is a great idea!
Ray wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:10 am For those who might be interested, I have a verbose (you know me) but comprehensive tutorial on how to get started on Furc on my site, if you feel completely lost :P
I'll probably update here with a post once I get set up and acclimated, and will definitely make use of this tutorial, so thank you for providing for us newbies! :D
sixeyes
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: they/them

Post by sixeyes »

Yeah i'll be one more voice in the choir! Didn't try it before - but i might like to. It seems nice....
cinni
Reactions:

Post by cinni »

inbtwn wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:10 am man, i really gotta get back on the furcadia train. i stopped playing when i reinstalled linux recently because it's kind of annoying to play on linux, but then i realized there's a furcadia web client so i'm totally willing to hang out with yall again. :D

(i should also make a thread about other online virtual worlds like second life or activeworlds, but that's neither here nor there... :roll: )
Yess the web client is pretty decent! I would be interested in those threads too! :3

Ray wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:10 am Oh my gosh, yes!
I don't have the time to be on regularly but I try to make time for events where there's a lot of people, and log in when I have extra time on my hands!! :love:
I think a meetup would be super fun! Especially if there will be some new players too :D I am in Europe so depending on the time I might not be able to make it, but I'm able to attend the official furc events when they run from about 5pm EST to 8pm EST. Otherwise I'll catch up at a later time!

For those who might be interested, I have a verbose (you know me) but comprehensive tutorial on how to get started on Furc on my site, if you feel completely lost :P

My main alt is Felce, an I'm usually hanging in Challenges, Theriopolis, Naia, or with some buddies in their dream of choice. If I'm logged in, I'm always up for a chat and I looove exploring people's dreams with someone else! See you there :love:

p.s. cinni, the yesterweb gardens dream preview is so cute!! I need to visit your dream next time I'm on :D
Sounds great - will definitely let you know about future events and will keep in mind the timezones too :D (that time works for me, would love to know what times work best for other folks too!) That tutorial is AMAZING btw, so helpful!! Your name also sounds super familiar, I may have seen you at a furc event! Definitely feel free to whisper me and I'd be happy to show you around :3

realachao wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:03 pm I'd definitely be interested in this! I've never used Furcadia but I've heard about it a lot, and it really seems right up my alley. I also think a Yesterweb community dream and events is a great idea!

I'll probably update here with a post once I get set up and acclimated, and will definitely make use of this tutorial, so thank you for providing for us newbies! :D
Woohoo! I'm glad there's interest for a Furc meetup ^-^ Been wanting to make a YW dream for sometime! Feel free to ask any questions if you need help. In my experience the user base is very friendly and welcoming to newcomers ^_^ I think I'll give a few weeks notice before the first meetup so people can have time to try it & we can pick a time that works for everyone!

P.S. I have the YW dream up while I work on it, so feel free to check it out in the meantime! It's currently uploaded by an alt (alternate character) of mine at furc://evilcinni

I have some stuff planned but I'm open to any suggestions of what you might want to see included in the dream! It was inspired by the old web (space bgs and gifs everywhere) and the idea of a webgarden as a physical space. I want to include lots of cozy hangout spots, an internet cafe, a library, a gif gallery (to show off art submissions?) and possibly some casual gameplay (TBD). Lemme know your thoughts!

P.P.S. Every few months there's a community run event in Furcadia called Dream Day, which is a tour of submitted dreams! It's a fun get together looking at what people are currently working on, and the next one (I believe) is on March 4th. I think it'd be great to check out too! (I may or may not be able to attend, or atleast will be late :p)
Image [[shop]]
Ray
Webwalker
Reactions:

Post by Ray »

For those interested in playing - there's a whopping amount of 4 events this month (Valentines themed) :D

I personally love game-wide events, as it's a great time for all players to join together. I love seeing all those players all at the same time! And there will always be staff and welcomers around to help with any confusion.
I haven't had the time to play for quite a bit but will try to attend <3 so if you see Felce say hi!!

@plantcreature Telegram
Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Post by Cobra! »

Ray wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am For those interested in playing - there's a whopping amount of 4 events this month (Valentines themed) :D

I personally love game-wide events, as it's a great time for all players to join together. I love seeing all those players all at the same time! And there will always be staff and welcomers around to help with any confusion.
I haven't had the time to play for quite a bit but will try to attend <3 so if you see Felce say hi!!
What time zone is this? I can't find any information on FST.
Ray
Webwalker
Reactions:

Post by Ray »

Cobra! wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:37 pm
Ray wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:46 am For those interested in playing - there's a whopping amount of 4 events this month (Valentines themed) :D

What time zone is this? I can't find any information on FST.
Oh damn, you're right, I didn't think about that! It's the game's own timezones (dictates when a day resets for game purposes), but is the same as CST. I always get confused by that as well.

@plantcreature Telegram
cinni
Reactions:

Post by cinni »

Last week's events were fun! Nice to see you Felce :D I'll try to update this thread with upcoming events! Besides the aforementioned Dream Day on March 4th, a fellow furcadian started Furcadia Fridays! Every Friday there's a meetup in the cafe in the east corner of Naia Green! It's a chill time just casually chatting 8)

Image [[shop]]