i found a very empty website. why is it so empty?

Talk about the past, present and future of the internet.
nights
Netizen
Reactions:
Pronouns: he/him

i found a very empty website. why is it so empty?

Post by nights »

this isn't the usual stuff that's posted on here, so forgive me if this is off topic, but i have no idea where else to ask this...

i'm doing a school project on immigration in the united arab emirates (only 12% of the population are emirati nationals), and i happened to come across this website, which advertises a matchmaking service for muslims in dubai.

if this is real, this is far from the only matchmaking service in dubai - here's a legitimate one as an example. however, the website i came across seems strangely empty, sort of like they just put in a bunch of info and left it. there's no descriptions of how to use the service, nowhere to contact them, nothing like that. the form they provided where you can fill out your info is a dead link, too.

i was wondering, why would someone make a website like this? if it's real, could it be that they just forgot about it, or didn't know how to make one that functioned properly? if it's fake, is it a scam hoping to somehow trap people, despite its being made haphazardly?
Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Re: i found a very empty website. why is it so empty?

Post by Cobra! »

It seems like it’s there just to get SEO clicks, maybe to farm advertising revenue or something.

I’ve seen loads of sites like this that spout nonsense for SEO reasons. I guess AI made it more convincing?
nights
Netizen
Reactions:
Pronouns: he/him

Post by nights »

Cobra! wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 am It seems like it’s there just to get SEO clicks, maybe to farm advertising revenue or something.

I’ve seen loads of sites like this that spout nonsense for SEO reasons. I guess AI made it more convincing?
so they just get money from people clicking on their site?
Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Post by Cobra! »

nights wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:18 am
Cobra! wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:20 am It seems like it’s there just to get SEO clicks, maybe to farm advertising revenue or something.

so they just get money from people clicking on their site?
I would imagine so. Otherwise, why bother?