Share your playlists...!

Talk about anything in general here.
sixeyes
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: they/them

Share your playlists...!

Post by sixeyes »

Did you make a playlist that you're proud of? Selected works from some artist collective, tunes that fit the same mood, themed around an OC, or something else?

As long as there's some (more or less) coherent thought behind it, i wanna hear! Share your vibes!

I know this might be antithetical to the yesterweb ethos, since linkable playlists mostly exist in silos. So, bonus question, how can i share a playlist without forcing people into some service or other, is it possible? ((whoa i just glanced out the window and saw a neighbor log in to windows xp))

I'll start this of with a spotify playlist of "evening pop" songs, made up genre by me just now. Meant to be like, confident laid back pop songs for dimly lit rooms... (i'd LOVE some helps with additional songs here!!!)
To do something other than spotify, here's a youtube playlist as well. I guess the theme there (if there is one) is "good weird things that aren't available on spotify".
juette
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: it/he/they

Re: Share your playlists...!

Post by juette »

Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Post by Cobra! »

Here are some playlists for you. :P

Last edited by Cobra! on Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forks
Reactions:
Pronouns: they/them

Post by forks »

this is the playlist that i use at my job when i can :)
Starfighter
Webmaster
Reactions:

Post by Starfighter »

Here's a mixtape I made of various bands Jay Stiles is, or has been, playing in! It's one file (it's supposed to be a mixtape after all) I've put together with various sound bites in between.
Download me and play me offline
Last edited by Starfighter on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrmeform
Reactions:
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Myrmeform »

i cant listen to any of the spotify playlists bc i dont have spotify oops

that youtube playlist is very fun! lots of funky and playful songs, i faved a couple

i have
many
youtube playlists.
of varying quality and lengths and finishedness

this one has a theme only comprehensible to me bc it was for a concept for a story i was thinking about, extreme variety of genres, watch out for that whiplash

disco/funk/r&b etc of varying decades (my absolute favorite is diamond in the back, i cant get enough of that song, it feels like late afternoon after walking in the sun)

90s2000s that i specifically remember from being a kid sitting around in my sibling's room while mtv was on in the background and/or was just inescapable during middle school

music from the puddle cd. one time in middle school i was walking with a friend around town and i found a cd in a puddle and it had these and other songs on it. sadly the shortest playlist bc it is so hard to remember what was on it until i hear one of the songs out in the wild.

aggro for when i need angry energies

90s dance hits but only the ones I like. it is a reebok or a nike?

rooms sounds. for when i had good speakers and a subwoofer. most songs have good bass that needs to be Felt. others are just lovely loud. i live in an apartment now and it would be very rude of me to get good speakers and a subwoofer. sometimes the neighbors are really loud and it gives me hope that one day i, too, can be loud.

various horror/thriller themes

I Was A Teenage Mall Goth and this was my soundtrack

old timey fiddle tunes i have a character who plays the fiddle and they need tunes

80s cartoon themes that are amazing

rainyladies these all feel the same to me, like looking out a window at the rain. i wonder how this association came to be. yes there are two macy gray songs and one is specifically a cartoon theme its fine

and last but absolutely not least
massive list of music i like
GaryStu
Websurfer
Reactions:
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GaryStu »

Old Nostalic JoJokes and JJBA Memes, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Pre-Anime
Video playlist. Sorry for the SEO word-salad title, but it is an accurate description. This is a curated collection of Jojo's Bizarre adventure videos which predate the davidpro anime adaptation premiering in October 2012. Honestly my magnum opus of playlists. I've been working on it off-and-on for three years, and I'm very happy with it. I started working on it using a website named Tubeminer, which has since gone offline. Anyway let me know if you watch it.

I uploaded an older version of this playlist to archive.org but I'm not happy with this as an archive. I hope to update the archive.org version in the future, and make that version into a less curated and more complete archive.

final fantasy cringe-stalgia: old memes and 00s nostalgia
Video playlist. JJBA kind of sits in this goldilocks zone of a franchise, with a strong line between old school and new school fans. I'm sure there are other franchises which also fit that bill, but final fantasy is not one of them. the cringe-stalgia is real: a lot of videos here are awful and actually make my skin crawl, and I wanted to keep things this way on purpose. it wouldn't be how i remember it to make this playlist without the 00's homophobia and misogyny.

Fine Wine (before 2015) + Modern Classics (after 2015) moar meme playlists. no idea whats on these tbh
Myrmeform wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:21 amand last but absolutely not least
love that you dropped an hour long video into the list of music you liked lol

edit: theres a 6 hour long video in theyre too? amazing.
All my social links are on the home page of my website, just above the webrings.

Image Image

Myrmeform
Reactions:
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Myrmeform »

GaryStu wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:26 pm Old Nostalic JoJokes and JJBA Memes, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Pre-Anime
Video playlist. Sorry for the SEO word-salad title, but it is an accurate description. This is a curated collection of Jojo's Bizarre adventure videos which predate the davidpro anime adaptation premiering in October 2012. Honestly my magnum opus of playlists. I've been working on it off-and-on for three years, and I'm very happy with it. I started working on it using a website named Tubeminer, which has since gone offline. Anyway let me know if you watch it.

I uploaded an older version of this playlist to archive.org but I'm not happy with this as an archive. I hope to update the archive.org version in the future, and make that version into a less curated and more complete archive.

final fantasy cringe-stalgia: old memes and 00s nostalgia
Video playlist. JJBA kind of sits in this goldilocks zone of a franchise, with a strong line between old school and new school fans. I'm sure there are other franchises which also fit that bill, but final fantasy is not one of them. the cringe-stalgia is real: a lot of videos here are awful and actually make my skin crawl, and I wanted to keep things this way on purpose. it wouldn't be how i remember it to make this playlist without the 00's homophobia and misogyny.

Fine Wine (before 2015) + Modern Classics (after 2015) moar meme playlists. no idea whats on these tbh
Myrmeform wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:21 amand last but absolutely not least
love that you dropped an hour long video into the list of music you liked lol
-
edit: theres a 6 hour long video in theyre too? amazing.
i love music C:

these playlists are so fun, im not in these fandoms but i love the cosplay videos. that one where they have a sword fight at a con that gets stopped by security is awesome.
the fine wine playlist is great, i remember some of these. i forgot the joys of watching stupid videos for hours.
GaryStu
Websurfer
Reactions:
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GaryStu »

Myrmeform wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:34 pm i love music C:

these playlists are so fun, im not in these fandoms but i love the cosplay videos. that one where they have a sword fight at a con that gets stopped by security is awesome.
the fine wine playlist is great, i remember some of these. i forgot the joys of watching stupid videos for hours.
we're playing all the hits! (Sparta Remix videos, numa numa, UN Owen was her)

I've grown fond of cosplay videos over the past few years. I think the entire internet might be having a moment with them, I've seen old Sephiroth ordering from Macdonalds videos going around on Tumblr or somewhere I think. But I also miss feeling safe and fun at geek conventions. Coronavirus yanno. The last convention I went to, I couldn't enjoy myself. I felt like I was doing something scary and dangerous by being there, and I felt that was because it was true 🤷‍♂️. Cosplay videos are some comfortable nostalgia.
All my social links are on the home page of my website, just above the webrings.

Image Image

galat
Reactions:
Pronouns: Any

Post by galat »

I have a raging addiction to making playlists (think I have ~150 or so..) Here's some recent ones I think are pretty decent:

nice songs - some nice jazz/funk/classical music, some american some japanese and some arabic. good for a nice walk or study

soft breezy - another nice relaxing kind of playlist, some indie, some jazzy and some shibuya kei

minimal wave - genre i got into a bit ago, good if you like coldwave and synth

generic shoegazey winter playlist - some lesser known/low listener count tracks mixed in there worth looking at

breakcore shitpost but not - started as a kinda joke mix and then found it great for videogame grinding and studying..
☆ -ˏˋ. NEKROMANT ON NEOCITIES ˊˎ-☆

AstroWildcat
Netizen
Reactions:
Pronouns: she/her

Post by AstroWildcat »

Future Funk Samples

Title is fairly self-explanatory. I've listened to a lot of future funk over the years, so I can easily pick up on samples and whatnot.