Keep in touch on the Web Raft

Talk about Yesterweb-specific projects and initiatives and the forum itself.
Ray
Webwalker
Reactions:
Pronouns: They/She

Keep in touch on the Web Raft

Post by Ray »

Hello netizens! I did not think to make a thread for this at first, but another member pointed out to me that it would be beneficial.
I set up a small proboards forum to just... keep in contact with eachother, and decide where to go in the future. It'd be a shame to lose contact, so everyone is welcome to join! :D
https://the-web-raft.boards.net

I want to make clear that this is not a replacement or continuation of the Yesterweb project.
My intent, at the moment, is not to create a replacement for the community space Yesterweb offered. Rather, I think it'd be lovely to have a bit more time to keep up with eachother, and create one ourselves. It will just be a loosely moderate space for us to get our bearings :)

As a more personal note - Thanks to the latest forum discussions, I have come to realize that the userbase of the YW community is somewhat heterogeneous in beliefs, goals, and things they wanted from this place. The majority of users seem to be interested in the aspects of Web Revival, Old Web, tech, nostalgia, etc. - and a minority being interested in large scale changes in the way we use the internet, and create and mantain communities and relationships online and offline.
I intend for the Raft to be a place for both, since both coexisted in this space. But hopefully, communities with clearer intent and goals can be formed in the future, by people who care about each of those things.

In that same vein: I have realized that I'm personally most interested in the social change aspect that the Yesterweb offered. If you feel the same way, I'd love to get in contact, so do reach out! :D I'm putting this out here, since I think the majority of discussions and ideas on the Raft might probably end up revolving more about the formation of Web Revival communities, as those were the most prevalent in the YW userbase, and that's absolutely a-okay! <3

See ya there! ;)
Image ImageIf we're not supposed to dance, Why all this music?

Keep in touch: The Web Raft, everyone welcome!
Say hi! ray@emailsnail.net
@plantcreature Telegram
Happy to make friends! <3
Cobra!
Webmaster
Reactions:
Pronouns: He/They

Re: Keep in touch on the Web Raft

Post by Cobra! »

I keep getting error 1005 when trying to access the forum, and it only works when I turn off my VPN.

Hopefully ProBoards won’t be the permanent place to host the forum on.
Ray
Webwalker
Reactions:
Pronouns: They/She

Re: Keep in touch on the Web Raft

Post by Ray »

Cobra! wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:25 am Hopefully ProBoards won’t be the permanent place to host the forum on.
I might look into better options when I have the time to do so! ^^ I don't like proboards either, but it was a time sensitive thing. I can't assure you I will ever be able to, though. This is not some grand passion project of mine - I just saw no one was doing anything yet to keep in touch as a group.

In fact, I hope that if there's enough want for a community where people can keep having the same sort of community they had here, that they'll create it themselves. Mine, so far, is just meant as a temporary space to share destinations. I'll be more than happy to see the day that it's become useless or redundant! :)

I remember rogermexico saying he was buying a domain and had intentions to create a forum. If I know anything about another forum that's not on proboards, I'll email you directly! :D
Image ImageIf we're not supposed to dance, Why all this music?

Keep in touch: The Web Raft, everyone welcome!
Say hi! ray@emailsnail.net
@plantcreature Telegram
Happy to make friends! <3